HISTORIC PRESERVATION & RESTORATION SERVICES
Don’t know the difference between renovation and restoration? Turn to R.J. Aley Building Contractor, “The Old House Experts,” for guidance.
First and foremost, a historic home is a home. It needs to be comfortable and functional for the family who lives in it. We will work with you to create a design and rehabilitation plan that is respectful of your home’s history, but meets your everyday needs.
- Whole House Rehabilitation – A rehabilitation approach preserves those features of your home that are historically significant, while updating rooms like your kitchen and bathrooms to give the homeowner added functionality.
- Historically Sensitive Additions – We specialize in blending the new with the old.
- Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling – The kitchen and bathrooms are the most important rooms in your home. An updated kitchen and bath not only provide modern convenience, but also offer an excellent return on your investment.
- Custom Cabinetry & Millwork – Our carpenters are artisans who can tackle any carpentry challenge: from recreating a missing piece of trim to creating a new bookcase that looks original to your antique home.
- Historic Wooden Window Restoration and Weather Stripping - Restores the integrity of old windows. Read more about the Window Restoration process here.
- Storm Window Installation – We install traditional wood, aluminum, and wood/aluminum hybrid storm windows on historic homes.
- General Maintenance – Following a routine maintenance schedule is a critical step you can take to ensure your antique home will be around for many years to come.
Read articles by and about R.J. Aley from the Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation website:
- Official Project of the Save America's Treasures Program, the Eli Whitney Boarding House
- Window Restoration to the Windows of the Eli Whitney Boarding House (1827)
- Jud Aley’s Historic Preservation Philosophy
- Historic Wooden Window Restoration
- Shattering the Myth of Replacement Windows
Contact R.J. Aley today to learn more about our Historic Preservation services and to schedule a free consultation.